A memorable commercial can sometimes stick with us for the rest of our lives.
Many of the crew here at Hydro discovered a passion for advertising after seeing a really Good ad.
We asked our team of Hydronauts which they consider the most memorable and why.
Here are ten of our favorites:
1. Staying thirsty with Dos Equis.
Frank: "From a marketing standpoint, the soft sell in the last line always impressed me."
2. Fortuitous flatulence from Smart Beep.
Chandos: "I felt it."
3. Good things coming to those who wait from Guinness.
Kate: "The sound-design, the Melville reference, the mythical imagery. I physically cannot watch this ad without having goosebumps all over."
4. Mesozoic origami from Little Caesars.
Matt: "...It's a pterodactyl."
5. A clever plot twist from Epuron.
Urs: "It's a beautiful story complete with empathy and humour. It arcs perfectly to an unexpected end."
6. Getting lost in translation with Berlitz.
Urs: "It portrays the difficulties of a language barrier in such a fun way. It turns thew stereotype and cliche on its head."
7. Making the classic can sexy again with Pepsi.
Kevin: "Man, she is so hot."
8. Orwellian Irony from Apple.
Kate: "Having always been such an avid fan of the book, I was so thankful to see literature being used in such an inspiring way through advertising. The irony in relation to nowadays is another reason why I'm amused when I watch it."
9. Distracting smudges from Tide.
Buster: "The stain's language used to always crack me up!"
10. Iconic song of harmony from Coca Cola.
Hydronaut anon: "It was released at such a time of turmoil in the world. The message was potent."